Last image - Next image
Vaihingen/Enz is situated at the border of the landscape Stromberg in the district of Ludwigsburg at about 30 km to Stuttgart. The most important building in Vaihingen/Enz is the castle of Kaltenstein, on the top of the hill, surrounded of vineyards, looking down to the town.
Our surgery is in an old timbered house, built 1693, close to the market place.
The house is mendtioned in the book of taxes and properties dating back to 1750:
After the big conflagration of Vaihingen 1693 a new 3 storey house was built complete with cellar and small yard, in School Street, and was inhabited by Mr. Diacono.
Later the owner of the house was the "geistliche Verwaltung". In the year 1859 the house however was mentioned in the book of properties no. 443 as "unvordenklicher Besitz der königlichen Staatsfinanz Verwaltung" (before being in royal ownership)
30. January 1815 the "Oberhofprediger of Stuttgart" and poet Karl Gerok, son of the "Diakon Helfer" who later became the "Prälat of Stuttgart", was born in this building, which was also known in those days as the parsonage.
The artistic commemorative plaque in the front gable of the later 19. century shows this fact.
Until 01. Oktober 1964 the building was home to a large number of parish priests.
Here the names of the last priests living in this house: Rudolf Hornikel (1936-1963), Walter Röcker (1927-1936), Emil Lauxmann (1921-1927).
In 1964 the government did not fund the building any more, so it was given back to the church. The council of the church then decided to sell the house, because it was too loud and because they planned to build a new parsonage.
Dr. Noffke Senior was therefore able to purchase the building in 1964.
From now on, after profund renovation, the second floor was used by a pediatrist. The first floor was used as a dental surgery by Dr. Noffke Senior himself.
In the Jahr 1995 a complete refurbishment took place.
Since then, Dr. Jörn-Oliver Noffke has been working as a dentist in the light coloured rooms, and tries to continue the tradition of this old building.